Jump to topic
The administrative graduate internship offers one student each summer enrolled in a CAHME-accredited MHA program the opportunity to gain experience in the operations of a large, academic medical center. The graduate intern will participate in senior management level meetings, one-on-one opportunities with key stakeholders and complete comprehensive project work throughout Penn State Health’s flagship hospital, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Potential projects include but are not limited to the following areas: Hospital and practice management, budgeting, strategic planning, new health care ventures, patient-flow studies and efficiency analyses.
The graduate interns will culminate with a presentation to senior leaders explaining the outcomes of the major projects that were completed. The preceptor will work directly with the graduate interns throughout the summer, orienting them to the organization.
The graduate intern and the preceptor will work together to identify projects of interest and value to the intern. The intern could also work with other leaders within the organization. Interns are assigned to a member of the senior leadership team. Past preceptors have included vice presidents of operations, chief financial officer, chief nursing officer and more.
Learn More about the Internship
Participants in the Administrative Graduate Internship are expected to:
- Identify projects to meet desired personal and professional goals that have been mutually agreed upon with the preceptor.
- Communicate to the preceptor about program requirements.
- Initiate educational opportunities specific to individual interests.
- Conduct business in a professional manner, including actively participating in one-on-one meetings with stakeholders, and respect the confidentiality of information gathered.
- Applications open: Dec. 1, 2022
- Applications close: Jan. 13, 2023
Qualified candidates should submit a formal employment application during the open period. Please click on the external link and search requisition number 28779.
Within the online application, the following must be attached:
- Cover letter
- One letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Personal statement: In one page, the applicant should describe their expectations of the administrative graduate internship and what they hope to accomplish and contribute to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Applicants who are unable to attach any of the application materials listed above should send the information in one packet to:
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
500 University Dr.
P.O. Box 850, MC 142
Hershey, PA 17033
Offers will be extended in late January 2022 for internships starting in May 2022.
Welcome to Hershey
More About Hershey
Interested in learning more about living and working in Hershey, Pa.? See details here: