Welcome, New Trainee!
As you prepare to start your residency or fellowship, the Office of Graduate Medical Education would like to personally extend a warm welcome to you. We believe you will find Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center to be a rewarding place to spend your residency/fellowship years.
The onboarding process is managed online through our training program management software, New Innovations.
If you do not receive New Innovations login information, please contact us.
Jump to topic
More Information for New Trainees
All incoming housestaff are required to attend Employment Stations and Hospital Orientation, in addition to any departmental orientation requirements.
Incoming housestaff are required to bring the following to orientation:
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is required by the Department of Justice to review your identification within the first three days of employment. Acceptable ID is listed on the I-9 form. Commonly used forms of ID are:
- US Passport or
- Driver’s license AND social security card or
- Driver’s license AND birth certificate
If you are not a citizen of the United States, please do not apply for a Social Security number until meeting with the Human Resource Office when you arrive in Hershey.
- Voided check for mandatory direct deposit
- Name of borough/township and school district of your Pennsylvania address
If you have any questions regarding orientation, please call Colleen Nicholas at 717-531-1368.
Do not fill out the unrestricted license application found on the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine website. You MUST have a Training License in Pennsylvania. The Training License application can be found on New Innovations.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the on-boarding documents or training modules, please contact the Graduate Medical Education Office at 717-531-5768 or email Mary Forshey at email@example.com.