Welcome to all new trainees!
The Office of Graduate Medical Education personally extends a warm welcome to those beginning their residency or fellowship journey at Penn State Health.
Jump to topic
Information for New Trainees
All incoming housestaff are required to attend Employment Stations and Hospital Orientation, in addition to any departmental orientation requirements.
Incoming housestaff are required to bring the following to orientation:
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is required by the Department of Justice to review your identification within the first three days of employment. Acceptable ID is listed on the I-9 form. Commonly used forms of ID are:
- U.S. Passport or
- Driver’s license AND Social Security card or
- Driver’s license AND birth certificate
If you are not a citizen of the United States, please do not apply for a Social Security number until meeting with the Human Resource Office when you arrive in Hershey.
- Voided check for mandatory direct deposit
- Name of borough/township and school district of your Pennsylvania address
With questions regarding orientation, call Colleen Nicholas at 717-531-1368.
Do not fill out the unrestricted license application found on the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine website. You must have a Training License in Pennsylvania. The Training License application can be found on New Innovations.
Trainees with any questions or concerns regarding the onboarding documents or training modules should call the Graduate Medical Education Office at 717-531-5768 or email Mary Forshey at email@example.com.