Department of Emergency Medicine
The Department of Emergency Medicine is committed to providing the highest quality, efficient and compassionate care to patients and the community; advancing the knowledge base of emergency medicine and care outcomes through clinical excellence, research and scholarship; and educating and training the future leaders in emergency medicine.
- Caring: The department embraces sensitivity to the well-being of patients, families and staff.
- Excellence: The department strives for the highest quality of care for all patients;
- Growth: The department shares a personal and organizational commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
- Respect: The department values the dignity, autonomy and worth of individuals of all backgrounds.
- Timeliness: The department strives for expeditious evaluation and treatment while maintaining the highest possible quality.
- Teamwork: The department is committed to work together toward common goals through effective communication, collaboration, tolerance of variation in ideas and the assumption of responsibility and accountability for the actions and decisions required by one’s role.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.