Jump to topic
The Breast Imaging Fellowship at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is designed to provide the fellow with an in-depth clinical experience in breast imaging and breast disease management.
Penn State Breast Center, a state-of-the-art facility, sees hundreds of new breast cancers and performs tens of thousands of breast imaging studies each year. The fellowship offers 12 months of comprehensive training including:
- Screening mammography utilizing digital breast tomosynthesis
- Screening breast ultrasound (automated whole breast)
- Screening MRI
- Diagnostic mammography (3D) and Stereotactic (3D) biopsy
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound and intervention
- Diagnostic MRI and MRI-guided intervention
- Needle localizations and Savi Scout (wireless) localizations
Fellows will participate in multidisciplinary conferences, radiology-pathology review conference and monthly journal club. There is ample opportunity for involvement in clinical research, and participation in a scholarly project is strongly encouraged. In addition, the fellowship offers dedicated mini rotations in breast surgery, medical and radiation oncology, plastic surgery, genetics and high-risk counseling.
Six dedicated breast radiology faculty perform all imaging and minimally invasive biopsies as a part of an integrated, collaborative practice with breast surgery and oncology colleagues. The Breast Center was one of the original recipients of the SCR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence Award and has NAPBC certification.
The fellowship is geared toward setting the stage for success, whether the graduate chooses an academic or community practice career.
Learn More about the Fellowship
The Breast Imaging Fellowship is participating in the Society of Breast Imaging Fellowship Match Program, managed by the National Resident Matching Program. There is a registration fee to be part of this Match program.
Applicants must provide a CV, personal statement and three letters of recommendation.
- Jan. 1: Interview period begins
- Mid-March: Registration opens
- Late April: Ranking opens
- Mid-May: Quota change deadline
- End of May: Ranking closes
- Mid-June: Match Day
- July 1 (the following year): Training begins
EC 008, 30 Hope Dr.
Penn State Breast Center
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Hershey, PA 17033